Friday, July 26, 2013

Be a man . . . please

Guys.. if you're going to meet up with a girl you've met online... buy her meal.

Just had a guy who said he was going to be close to where I work because of a doctor's appointment and asked if I would be able to meet up after he got done for lunch. (Apparently... my coworkers explained that 'meet up' is code for the date being 'Dutch' but if he says "let me take you to lunch/dinner" that means he's paying)

So far so good with the first impression, he was super cute and seemed like he was interested in me.

Waiter comes up to take our drink order and while I'm looking at the menu he asks, "Is this going to be together or separate?" And looks right at my 'date' and I'm not saying anything, because I ultimately think that's his decision...

My 'date' takes a second then finally answers, "Separate."

I took it as him not being interested in dating, OBVIOUSLY. . . but get this. He sends me a text afterwards and says, "I can't wait to see you again! :)"

REALLY!?!? You really think I'm going to go out with you again and pay for my own meal? No thanks. You  keep your vacation money that you bragged about. . . spending over 1,000 dollars that you've saved up for that you couldn't spare the 8.00 lunch I had. But I hope you have a wonderful time on vacation :)


Guys..listen up.. be a gentleman. I know it's not the 1950's anymore, but girls like to be treated in an old fashioned way. Open the dang door for her. Walk her to her flippin' car. Wipe your freaking face with a napkin while you eat your 16$ steak you're eating. And finally, pay for her meal. Your dating life would be so much more successful.


You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment